- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons TRUFF HOTTER
- 10-12 yellow corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss the chicken thighs in a large bowl with cumin, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and TRUFF Hotter.
- Place the seasoned chicken pieces on a large baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake the chicken for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using a fork, shred chicken into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels and microwave for 10-20 seconds until warm and pliable.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, fill the center with a light sprinkle of cheese and 2-3 tablespoons of shredded chicken. Leaving the remaining tortillas wrapped to keep them from drying.
- Roll the tortillas into a tight cylinder and set them seam-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat this step for the remaining tortillas.
- Heat about 4-5 cups of oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil reaches 350°F, carefully add a small batch of taquitos and fry them for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the taquitos from the oil and set aside to drain on a wire rack or paper towels. Repeat this step for the remaining taquitos.
- Serve the taquitos with salsa, avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of TRUFF Kitchen.