Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Salmon:
- 1 T. High heat cooking oil, like avocado oil
- 2 T. Butter
- 4, 6-ounce Verlasso Salmon filets, score skin side, pat dry
- 1/4 c. Bourbon Smoked Sesame Seeds
- 1 T. Bourbon Smoked Garlic Salt plus extra for seasoning
Method of Prep:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread Bourbon Smoked Sesame Seeds and Bourbon Smoked Garlic Salt in a shallow dish.
- Pat Salmon filets dry with a paper towel and lightly season with Bourbon Smoked Garlic Salt, then press flesh sides of filets into the Bourbon Smoked Sesame Seed/Bourbon Smoked Garlic Salt mixture to coat.
- Using an oven-safe pan, heat 1 Tablespoon of oil on high until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add the crusted side of the salmon to the pan. Reduce heat to medium-high; continue to cook until the crusted side starts to brown and the bottom half of filets turn opaque, about 4-minutes. Add butter and cook for an additional 2-minutes.
- Gently turn filets skin side down and finish in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until lightly browned and to your specification of doneness. Remove from heat.
Bluegrass Maple Glaze
Ingredients Bluegrass Maple Glaze:
- 1/4 c. Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 1/4 c. Bluegrass Soy Sauce
- 1 T. Fresh Garlic, cut into thin slivers
- pinch of red chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced sweet peppers
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Method of Prep:
- In a small saucepan, add Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup, Bluegrass Soy Sauce, and freshly sliced garlic and chili flakes (if desired).
- Bring the sauce to a simmer stirring slowly with a heat-safe spoon.
- Cook for 5-minutes or until the garlic is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and pour into a small glass container.
Good for 2-weeks in the refrigerator.