- 1 packet Chile Con Queso Dip Mix
- 1 lb. ground meat (beef, turkey or venison), cooked
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or taco cheese
- 1 cup shredded/chopped lettuce
- 1 can refried beans
- Chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, black olives (optional)
- Optional: 1 prepared recipe CHC’s Guacamole Dip Mix
Mix Chile Con Queso Dip according to directions. Allow dip to chill a minimum of 8 hours. Cook ground meat. Drain and season with taco seasoning. Allow cooked, seasoned meat to cool. Spread dip on a platter or plate, leaving room around the rim (you can also use a large bowl). Spread refried beans on top. Sprinkle meat over dip on platter. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top of other layers. Sprinkle lettuce over entire platter. You may garnish entire platter with chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, black olives, etc. If using Guacamole or Salsa Fresca, simply add in whatever order you like. Use tortilla chips as dippers.
You may use low-fat or nonfat products with this mix.