For the quinoa
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 3/4 cup water
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Bluegrass Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic grated or minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Bourbon Smoked Pepper
For the salad
- 1 lbs asparagus (one bunch) ends trimmed
- 2 ears fresh corn husked
- 1 bunch scallions
- 3 cups baby arugula
In a small pot, combine the quinoa and water.
Bring to a boil, lower heat to lowest setting and place a pot over the lid.
Cook for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, but leave on the burner to steam for 5 minutes.
Remove lid and fluff with fork. Set aside.
Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together.
Light a grill for high heat.
Grill the asparagus, corn, and scallions turning frequently, for about 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred.
Once cool enough to handle, cut asparagus and scallions into 2-3 inch lengths.
Cut the corn off the cob with a sharp knife.