Active 15 min – Total Time 45 min.
2 (16oz) cans pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
2 small bell peppers, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced (~1cup)
1 Tbsp Laconiko Extra Virgin Olive Oil from The Tree and Vine
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
4 (8 oz) boneless pork chops (~1-1 1/4 in thick)
4 oz Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Lime wedged for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Pat pork chops dry
- Stir together beans, chiles, bell peppers, onion, oil and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl
- Stir together chili powder, ground cumin, and remaining 1 tsp salt. Season both sides of the pork chops with spice mixture.
- Pour beans mixture into Staub Coquette (available at The Tree and Vine) then place the 4 seasoned pork chops on top of the bean mixture.
- Cover and place in the oven for 40 minutes
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pork chops and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Bon Appétit