Ingredients for Pastry Tart
- 1 pack (17.3 oz) of premade puff pastry sheets
- 2 cup of cold cooked sweet potato
- 2 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Smoked Sugar, for dusting
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt, for finishing
Orange Zest Marshmallow Topping
- 1 small container of of marshmallow cream (7 ounces)
- zest from one orange
In a small bowl combine the marshmallow cream and the zest from one orange.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 t. warm water
Make the egg wash by adding one tablespoon
of water to one whole egg and whisk vigorously with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Let the puff pastry set out on the countertop for about 30 minutes until it’s more pliable. You will have one layer for the top of the pastry and one for the bottom. Once pliable, roll out both puff pastry sheets until they are 12 x 9 inches.
- Grid out 8 separate rectangles with the egg wash with a pastry brush. Sprinkle the bottom puff pastry layer with Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt and then divide the leftover sweet potato casserole into the 8 different squares leaving about an inch in between. Lay puff pastry over the egg-washed and sweet potato casseroled sheet. With the side of your palms, delicately divide the 8 different portions sealing all the sides of the pastry.
- Place the potato-filled pastry sheet into the freezer on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 15 minutes until its almost frozen and easier to cut.
- Cut the pastry filled sheet into 8 equal rectangle pieces and set them on a parchment-lined sheet tray a few inches apart.
Using the egg wash, lightly brush the top side of each pastry gently until they are completely covered. Lightly sprinkle the Bourbon Smoked Sugar on each pastry and pop them in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 15 minutes. Top with Orange Zest Marshmallow Cream Topping and finish with a sprinkle of Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt.
- Serve immediately.